JOB MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE... DO YOU REALLY NEED IT?
No matter the size of your business, you need to consider utilising a job management software.
It helps re-distribute your time away from manual tasks, like writing quotes out by hand, scheduling jobs in a diary, storing customer information etc. and will drastically increase your efficiency, save you from stress, stop you from struggling to keep track of jobs, keep you on top of invoicing, reduce admin hours by the hundreds and help streamline your delivery, start to finish.
This of course means more time to build the business and actually spend quality time with your family! Not slaving away in the office after hours trying to catch up on what seems like endless piles of paperwork!
Want more reasons?
- Job management made easy: Track every job from quote to invoice and have a complete overview of your workload with all information accessible by office and field staff.
- Stay organized: Manage your workforce smartly with employee scheduling. Get rid of the paper trail – consolidate all your documents, emails, quotes, and notes in one place. Assess the availability of every team member to book jobs as they come in.
- Track time easily: Easily track time on site (makes labour figures accurate when back costing & pricing).
- Stop chasing time sheets: Staff can record their own time as they work on their phone or tablet.
- Quick quoting: Import supplier price lists for up-to-date costs. Use customisable templates and pre-built kits to keep your quotes ahead of the pack, even if you are out of the office!
- Accounting integration: Push and reconcile sales invoices to your accounting system in one click. Sync customers, contacts and price lists between your accounting system. Remove manual data entry and eliminate human error. Keep financial info up to date.
- Easy invoicing: Transform timesheets and receipts into invoices. Invoice right after the job and send invoices directly to your accounting software.
- Create invoices that chase their own payment: Automatic payment reminders lets you get on with better things than chasing payments from customers.
- Fully Mobile: See your day at a glance. Add purchase orders, notes, quotes, and images to jobs from the app. Easily communicate job information between the office and field. Sign quotes and job sheets digitally.
- Get paid faster with online payments: Offer a credit card payment option for your customers. A simple and secure set up, with the ability to pass on or absorb fees.
- Give yourself scheduling superpowers: Have a real-time view of who's closest to a job for faster dispatch. Communicate with the team quickly and efficiently and keep the work ticking over.
- Make back-costing a breeze: Track profit and costs with the snapshot analysis (great when pricing for profit).
So, if you don’t have these features in your business… you’re behind the pack.
But with so many job management software’s, and many claiming to be the best. This can be overwhelming for some and the decision is often put on the back burning. Or they burn time, money and energy trialling every software searching for the right one.
Now, this is where it’s incredibly important that you understand that there is currently NO software that absolutely nails everything… there is no magic pill or single solution to all your problems… and that’s okay.
You only need a program with the right things for YOUR trade business! Some are clunky and resource hungry and some are basic and simple, so, depending on your business’s needs, the job management solution you decide to implement may differ to what others recommend.
This means you need to figure out what features you want, and of course, do your due diligence and make a decision based on your businesses’ needs – not everyone else’s… but make a decision.
Whether you’re a one-man band, or a team of 30, job management software is an absolute must.
For the efficiencies, enhancements and time saved it’s a no brainer – and it’s unbelievably cost effective! Most software platforms have free online training and webinars too, so there is really no excuse.
A lot of trade business owners are happy to spend $60,000 on a brand-new work ute, and then even pay $80,000 for a bloke to run it, spend money on equipment, machinery, shiny new tools and so on.
But then aren’t willing to invest even a fraction of these costs into the fundamental structure of the business!
Having the right tools in the office is just as important as having the right tools out in the field… so invest wisely! Money you are spending elsewhere is irrelevant without a job management system – this is the ultimate business tool!
So, if you haven’t already… get one!
If you're an electrician, plumber, painter, carpenter, or any other trade business owner who is looking to take your business to the next level, click here to learn more about how our team can help!